Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week 6

The Generation IM article was very interesting and really made me think about how intertwined kids are today with technology and the role that plays in their lives and learning. I really like the seven ideas of how to integrate technology into the classroom because they were very good ideas that I probably wouldn't have thought about. Especially the Google maps and using them to show kids what they are actually learning about and taking them on virtual journeys. I was surprised with how much time kids actually spend using technology and it was a good reminder for me as I go into teaching how important it will be to teach in a way that involves and keeps students engaged. This could be used in a science lesson by having the students study pictures of brains of kids today and kids years ago when they were not raised on so much technology and the differences in brain development.

No comments:

Post a Comment