Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Week 16

This semester I have learned so much about technology and the different ways it can be used within the classroom and how valuable of a tool it can be for teachers as well as students. Before this class I had a basic understanding of technology, but had not really thought about all the ways it can be used in the classroom and had not clue about all the different sites and fun things there are to do with technology. I enjoyed learning about all the different variations for presentations or projects in the class such as Prezi, Storybird, Flipsnack, Vocaroo, etc. This class has really challenged me to think about all the ways I can incorporate technology into my class and the many different variations I can use to make it more engaging and exciting.

Before this class I had never heard of NETS, but now feel like I am fairly familiar with all of them. I have used each of them at some point throughout the semester, but I think the two I am most familiar with are 1. Creativity and Innovation: Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. and 2. Communication and Collaboration: Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.

Overall, this class has been a valuable learning experience and I am excited for all the ways I can incorporate technology into my class and make it more engaging and a more effective learning experience for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment